Sunday, February 1, 2009

Save-A-Lot 2/1

I found a couple of cheap items at Save-a-lot. Eggs were only $.75 and apple pie filling was only $1.29 (I use this for porkchops in the crockpot and it's expensive at Kroger!).

The best deals were the produce that was getting close to it's best buy date. The bananas were only $.50; I plan to use them to make banana bread. The red peppers were only $2.19; I plan to dice and freeze them.

It's funny how now that I have a frugal mindset I look at things differently! I hope you will too!

2 comments:

  1. So, what do you do with pork chops and pie filling in a crock pot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mema: I adapted it from your recipe. I just put pork chops in the crockpot. Sprinkle them with salt & pepper and slather on the apple pie filling. I skipped the stuffing. I did them when my parents were here last week and they turned out fabulous...lots of raves!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment on the deals you take advantage of and how they go. Also, if you have a deal to share, please do!