Friday, January 30, 2009

Mini Shopping Trip to Kroger & Target

I've been cooped up in the house now for a few days and when I was actually able to go somewhere, I decided to take advantage of a couple of sales I knew of & coupons I had.

First, Target:

I got a few things I needed; the step stool for Graham to brush his teeth upstairs $2.50, the puffs $1, and I threw in one $1 coloring thing for Graham (these come in handy when he's getting antsy!). The yoplait yogurts were $.59 each and I had two printable coupons for $1.00/4. So, I ended up getting the yogurt for $.34 each! Not bad.

Then on to Kroger before their mega sale was over. I needed milk and wanted to get more of that cheese on sale to put in my freezer!

I ended up buying:

2 gallons of milk - $3.39 each - sale price $5/2

9 Kraft cheese (variety of shredded/block/cubes) $4.19-$3.39 each - sale price $1.99

Doritos - $3.17 - sale price $2.18

Snapple - $1.29 - sale price $1.00

Value of Products: $47.71

Savings from Sales: $21.62

Coupons Used: $11.75 (I grabbed 9 $.75/1 coupons from the blinkie next to the cheese and bought 10 of the mega sale event items to get $5 off!)

Total OOP: $14.34 - Saved 70%


2 comments:

  1. Going after that cheese tomorrow. I missed it somehow. Your blog's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...if you do the buy 10 items get $5 off mega sale and the .75 coupons...it's like $.75 each!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment on the deals you take advantage of and how they go. Also, if you have a deal to share, please do!