Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Frugal Maven's Beer Bread


So, on a snow day when you're stuck at home all day, there's not much to do. I remembered Frugal Maven's recipe for cheap and easy beer bread and decided to try it. Baking things yourself, especially with ingredients you already have around the house is a great way to save money. I didn't have self-rising flour, but you can add baking powder, baking soda, and salt to all-purpose flour to make it work! (Look it up if you need to!)



So, I attempted this recipe and it turned out fabulous! I ended up using what beer we had in the fridge and the winner was Pabst Blue Ribbon. Next time, I'll try a dark beer. Taylor really liked it, which is a big accomplishment...and Graham ate it too! Try it and leave me a comment on how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on the deals you take advantage of and how they go. Also, if you have a deal to share, please do!